Friday, October 3, 2008

7 Months: Morning Routine Review

Here is what a typical morning with Logan is like....



7:00

A lot of prior work has made Logan a good sleeper. He goes to bed around 7:30-8pm and wake up around 6am for his soother and his blanket to be put back around him. Then he sleeps until around 7am. A diaper change and then some play time with daddy before he goes to work!

Before I go to bed I boil water for Logan's bottles the next day and lay out the items for his breakfast. This just makes things go smoother. He gets a Mum Mum biscuit, cereal, a fruit (today was apple sauce), water and then he can top it off with his bottle. I give the bottle last as he is eating more solid foods and now doesn't drink as much from his bottle.

While I get this all ready and make coffee, Logan eats his vegetable flavour Mum Mum. This keeps him busy and the level of morning screaming has significantly gone down. Logan drinks water and apple juice from his sippy cup. I started with giving him water from a 'sippy cup' that just dripped when tilted and then once he got the hang of it, he moved on to the real sippy cup. He is just now trying to drink from it himself. I've tried to give him his formula from the cup but he won't have it. The plan is to give him whole milk later only from the sippy cup to make the transition away from the bottle. We'll see how that works.

After breakfast and his bottle, Logan plays in his jumper while Mommy eats breakfast and watches the morning news...basically I'm waiting for him to do his morning stinky.

8:30

Bath time! This is such an easier thing to do now that Logan can pretty much sit by himself. I just need to keep one hand on him at all times. Logan loves grabbing his toys and looking at himself in the mirror -he doesn't really splash around yet, thank goodness!




After bath time I let Logan touch the wind chime his cousin Justin gave us. I'm teaching him the word 'gentle', it seems to be going well..Before he use to grab the chimes and pull, now he knows just to softly hit them. Also, when he's banging his toys and I say 'gentle', he seems to know what it means.



9:00

After bath time Logan watches Baby Einstein in our room while I shower, blow dry my hair and change. After a month I figured out that Logan's routine has to accommodate my schedule too -otherwise it's noon and you realize you're still in your pjs and you haven't eatten yet. Logan use to sit in this chair beside the shower with a toy bar and look at his dangling toys, then he started swatting at them, then he started grabbing them, then he started ripping them off and throwing them. Now he sits and plays with toys in his lap and watches 'his show'.


9:45

If we're going out this is good time to leave the house because it's almost morning nap time. If we're staying in, it's floor time. Logan now loves his tummy time and is trying to crawl. This week we're learning all about farm animals as we're planning on going to the Markham Fair this weekend. Once he starts complaining, I know he's getting sleepy so it's time to cuddle and read. This book that you 'pet' the farm animals is his current favorite. When he gets restless we play 'hand games'; I count his fingers, we play Open Close (a Filipino favorite, he's not interested in 'Beautiful Eyes' yet LOL) and sing twinkle twinkle. Then I set him down in crib -sleepy but still awake. 11:30

I'm up! Let's play!!

Logan sleeps between an hour to two hours in the morning. During this nap I did a laundry did the dishes, got Logan's lunch and bottle ready, did the prep work for tonight's dinner, made an appointment for a daycare tour next week and checked my e-mail and favorite blogs.

We fit in a bit of playtime before lunch. What a great morning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

How old is Logan today?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Kalia today?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker