Wednesday, January 18, 2012

S'more Mix in a Mushroom Jar

I made a simple s'more trail mix and packaged them up in  baby food jars for Kali's birthday-couldn't get any cuter or simpler then this!
 

My Woodland-Gnome Party board on Pinterest helped mash this one together -A pin of this Flicker photo 
 of painted jar lids to look like mushrooms, ideas of a s'more mix from this adorable camping party
and the play on words for the sign from these labels.

I started with washing a bunch of baby food jars I saved -don't worry about that hard to get off glue patch that will be left behind. Who has time to soak and scape that off? I just spray painted a couple coats of red paint on them. And don't worry about priming them or anything --if some of the labeling shows through, you can just cover it with dots! 
 
I used some acyrlic craft paint from the dollar store (if you use this directly on the lid it will peel off, on the spray paint base, it's fine). I just used a small paint bush to dab on the dots.

 And that pesky, near-impossible-to-remove glue spot --just cover it! I got this shelf liner from the dollar store. I just punched out a circle and wrote my message on it with a sharpie. So easy and as a bonus, they actually peel off quite easily you want to relabel and re-purpose the jar later.
 And the mix inside is really simple too!
2 boxed of Graham Cracker Cereal
1 big bag of mini-marshmallows
2 bags of chocolate chips ( I used one bag of chocolate and 1 bag of butterscotch chips)

Mix that up the night before in a huge bowl, scoop it into jars and seal tight. I did this the night before so that the marshmallows would be super fresh.

 And here they are looking super cute on the fireplace with the treat bags for the kids.




 I picked up this 99cent frame from Ikea, put in some of the drawer liner from the dollar store for the background, cut out this girl gnome from here, and added the s'more talking bubble with a sharpie.


Cute, cheap and very easy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

How old is Logan today?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Kalia today?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker