Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kool-Aid Painting

I'm really enjoying Pinterest. I've decided that if I use it, I should actually try out some of the things I pin and repin. This one is from Classified: Mom, although we split it into two activities. Here were using their idea of using Kool-Aid in making art. (Part two is here)
 
Very simple too! All you need is:
Packets of Drink Mix: I wasn't sure how this was going to work, so I just bought two packets of the cheapest Kool-Aid type mix. They had orange and cherry for like 29 cents!
Spray bottle: Dollarama has them
Water
Paper or cardboard

After we shook out some drink mix and had a taste and was time to spray it with water. This was great for Logan's hand and eye coordination. At first he had trouble aiming and pressing the trigger but then got really good at it.

We did our first art piece on a thin piece of cardboard.

Once things started to get runny, we took it outside and tried another one on a peice of fingerprinting paper.

Our finished products
They turned out pretty cool and with a lot of texture...
They were on the sticky side. We didn't keep these but if you wanted to, you could coat them with a sealer.


Linking up to: No Time for Flash Cards
Classified: Mom
Tip Junkie handmade projects


Photobucket

1 comment:

Aimee said...

My kids loved how you couldn't really see the colors until you sprayed! I wonder if it would work as a resist where you could write a secret message? Thanks for linking up and I am so excited to see my projects come to life ;-) You made my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

How old is Logan today?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Kalia today?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker